Good afternoon AIDN-NT Members and Interested Stakeholders,
I have received confirmation that we have a visiting delegation from Thailand coming into Darwin next week and have agreed to provide a morning tea brief with some local industry members.
Call for Expressions of Interest: RSVP: Ceo@aidnnt.com.au
Thailand Delegation Morning Tea and Briefing
Thursday 20th February 2020
Territory Conference Room, NADO
Ground Floor, 76 The Esplanade Darwin 0800
Details of this opportunity are as follows:
This conversation will be two-way – we will present AIDN-NT as an Alliance Group of Members focused on Base Support, Aerospace and Maritime! We will be looking to promote our collective capability to this region.
The Thailand Board of Investment (BOI) – the Thai Government’s investment promotion agency under the Office of the Prime Minister, to request a meeting with you during 19 to 21 February 2020. The Director of the BOI’s Australian Office will be in Darwin on those days and would like to take the opportunity to provide you with some information about the BOI, its role and the incentives available to Australian businesses that choose to make an investment in Thailand.
I have provided below a few dot points about the BOI for your consideration:
- The BOI is responsible for encouraging direct investment in Thailand through the issuing of tax and non-tax incentives and has 16 overseas offices, including an office based in Sydney responsible for engagement across Australia and New Zealand. The Office is headed by Miss Netnapa Pukdeerux, who is also the Royal Thai Government’s Investment Consul.
- Australian and New Zealand businesses who choose to undertake activities eligible for promotion in Thailand could receive up to 13 years corporate income tax exemption from the BOI as well as other significant tax and non-tax incentives.
- The BOI has a focus on advanced manufacturing and technology based activities as well as specific incentives for defence and aerospace activities. It is likely at least some of your members would be eligible for the highest levels of incentives.
- The BOI believes these incentives would be of interest to your members, especially for those of your members who are currently considering expanding their business operations into South East Asia and beyond.
- Further information about the BOI can be found at www.boi.go.th or in the attached document.
I would be more than happy to discuss any questions you may have or provide further information so please do not hesitate to contact me at any time on the details below.